Friday's Fab Etsy Finds: Hair Wear

Friday, August 20, 2010

There are some times when I just need a little something extra. Whether I am feeling discouraged, anxious, upset or just having a bad hair day; there are those days that require a little distraction. Some people turn to shop therapy. Some people turn to rocky road. I turn to the little vanity drawer in my dresser. This is where I keep all of my pretty little hair pieces. There are barrettes, clips, bands, ties and more. And each one has an unique feel to it that makes me feel special. I know that it may sound silly, but it is like wearing lacy underwear. It makes me hold my head a little higher, it makes my step a little lighter and it helps me feel more confident about whatever it is that I am trying to conquer. The next time you need a pick-me-up, you should give it a try. Here are a few Etsy finds to get your collection started.


This Satin Lotus Flower Hair Clip is made with an antiqued brass alligator clip. The flower is a realistically layered lotus flower made of satin in a peachy coral hue. As you can see, it is beautiful. But what makes this such a amazing piece is that the flower can be folded in to be smaller or spread out to be bolder. A few of these would go perfectly with a simple summer dress or they could dress up a tee shirt and a pair of jeans nicely.



This Set of 3 Green Silk YoYo Bobby Pins have tiny hand stitched rosettes complete with pearl centers. They are just the thing to add a little interest and whimsy to a polished outfit. Perhaps, to help you stand out just enough at you next job interview or meeting.




This paisley Liberty of London Braid Scarve take a simple loose braid to a whole new level. It is dainty, chic and apparently the next hot trend in hair.



2 comments:

Lindsey said...

When my hair was long, I would have definitely used the last image, braided into my locks.

Bonnie said...

I know!! I want my hair back.

Post a Comment