While I am always looking for great crafts, I came upon a gem: CraftBits. They were loaded with really great ideas and this was one of them. So if you are ever tired of buying new dryer sheets all the time and being wasteful, try making your own dryer sachet. When you place it into the dryer the fragrance will come wafting through and penetrate through all your clothes. It's so easy!
What You'll Need:
- Cotton Fabric (your choice)
- Sheet wadding
- Lavender seeds
- Fragrance oil or Essential oil (your choice)- consider Lavender and Lemon
Here's How to Make it:
- Start by cutting out what size pads you want , approx. 5cm X 5cm is suitable.
- Cut your fabric into the size you require allowing for stitching.
- Sew 3 sides of your fabric closed and slip in the sheet wadding through the last opening.
- You will need to either begin hand sewing or machine sewing this end closed.
- Just before you complete the closure Sprinkle some lavender oil into the Project or sprinkle your drops of oil onto the wadding prior to placing it inside.
- And when the fragrance decreases add some more drops of oil !
- You can use essential or fragrant oils for these mat's, Fragrant oil is much cheaper and can be bought from good craft supply stores.
Here's another way:
- Instead of putting wadding in, load it the bag with lavender seeds
- Now, if you are not crafty or just don't have time to make these, you can find them on Etsy too!