Feeling the Holiday Weight?

Wednesday, December 29, 2010


I have to tell you that I am feeling it. Now, I have seriously been in need of a heavy duty workout routine over the past year but I am proud to admit that I have been eating pretty well. Except for the past 2 weeks. My mother-in-law loves to have tons of cookies and fudge in her house for all of us to enjoy while we spend the holidays together. The sweets are incredible but I always eat too many of them. Each year I go out to my in-laws home with the intension of watching myself but it never works. So here I am, feeling 10 lbs. heavier wondering how I am going to look good for my New Years party. There is no way I can drop the weight in 2 days. But I do have a few ideas up my sleeve.

1. Change your party outfit. I may have planned on wearing those skinny jeans with a pretty, slim top, but now that I have some waist and pooch bulging it's just not going to work out. I must figure out something new. The best option for me is to add a thick belt to that trouble area and hold it all in. Luckily I have a long torso and can pull it off. But if you don't, then try adding a tailored blazer that cinches in at the waist and flares out at the hips. Or maybe a high-waist skirt to cover that pooch and a thin belt to add a little flare.

2. Get rid of your water weight with Gillian Michael's 7 Day Diet. Okay so you don't have seven days, but at least you can lose a pound and feel slimmer than you are. I have done this for 5 days and it worked wonders. This is a diet celebrities and models do before a photo shoot or a walk down the red carpet in order to get rid of all of their excess water weight which pertains mostly to your sodium levels. Basically you drink 48 oz. of water each day, DO NOT add any salt or eat anything with salt in it keeping your sodium level to an absolute low. Eat eggs and veggies for breakfast, low sodium turkey, lettuce and tomato on a low sodium tortilla for lunch and fish with unlimited green veggies for dinner. You can season with no sodium seasonings and balsamic vinegar. She recommends this for no longer than 7 days because it's not a healthy way of living. But it will get you looking the best that you can at this time!

3. Get yourself some Spanx. I know this is not what you wanted to hear, but it's a fantastic way to tuck in everything you need tucked in. Maybe you have stomach pooches or maybe you have some extra baggage in our thighs (I know I do) and if that's the case Spanx has you covered.

Hey maybe you don't care about those few extra pounds. If you don't, well then that's just inspiring. Good luck ladies!

0 comments:

Post a Comment