Sometimes in a girls life, she wants a bathroom filled with pretty things. But it can be rather hard to find bath accessories that completely suit your personality or fit your bathroom style and coloring. I know that I have had the hardest time because I want all of my bath pieces to be in the same style, but not be too matchy-matchy. That's where creating your own design comes in rather handy. I love using decoupage to turn every cup, bottle, canister or shaker box into something beautiful and unique. If you're not familiar with decoupage that's alright! It is the art of decorating something using cut-outs of paper, linoleum, plastic or any flat material.
Of course you can always use any of the above materials for our craft today, but I love the idea of using napkins. They come in all sorts of interesting designs to give you the style you desire. Heck you can choose anything from vintage roses to children's rubber ducks! So, let's get started.
Here's What You'll Need:
- Your container of choice
- Rubbing alcohol or vinegar
- Creamy colored acrylic craft paint
- Paint brush or foam brush
- Paper Napkin of choice
- weather proof clear coat
- Fine, sharp scissors
Here's How to Make it:
- Clean the glass jar with the rubbing alcohol or vinegar to help the paint adhere.
- Paint the jar with two coats of the craft paint and let it dry.
- Use the scissors to cut out the designs you want to use, separating the napkin layers so that you are working with only one thin layer.
- Then decide where you want them on your container by messing around with placement
- Paint the clear coat on the area of the container where you will be placing the decoupage, then carefully place the napkin design over it.
- Smooth gently to eliminate wrinkles.
- Finish with one or two layers of the clear coat.