Friay's Fab Etsy Finds: Retro Roses

Friday, February 4, 2011

When I think of rose-themed jewelry, it reminds me of the accessories that I use to wear in grammar school. Those irreplaceable treasures that I would wear to bed every night. Even though they probably only cost a few dollars, they made me feel special and girlie and just plain pretty. And maybe that's why this fashion is making a comeback. The classic rose takes us Generation Yers back to a simpler time when all we had to worry about was how to work a Pogo Bal and what time Saved By The Bell came on. Whatever the draw is, I'm hooked. Its elegant playfulness allows the rose motif to work with almost any outfit. But like anything totally 80's, having a unique touch is the key to making its retro allure work. Luckily when it comes to individuality, Etsy's got you covered. Here are a few finds that will have you rocking it like its 1989.

Vintage Inspired Rosebud Earrings
I could wear these little beauties every day of the week. They come in a variety of colors, but I am digging this rich red hue. They are individually handcrafted from polyclay and sell for $13. Right now the seller, Mr. Jason, is offering a BOGO on all of his earrings.

Rose and Glass Beads Necklace
There are so many color and style variations to choose from on this necklace. The ivory and turquoise struck a chord with the vintage lover in me. I can't quite put my finger on it, but for some reason this piece reminds me of the movie, My Girl (one of my childhood faves). And I imagine that it would make me feel just so dainty and feminine. It comes with matching glass earrings and sells for $44. As an extra bonus, shipping is free.

Olive Roses Antique Brass
I daydream about wearing this sunny little bracelet. The roses are soft and delicate while the metal is fun and whimsical. And the sheen from the beads dresses the whole thing up. I love the oversized, ornate details. So often bracelets tend to lack the pizazz found in other articles of jewelry. This one sells for $15.

Antique Brass Adjustable Ring

This bubble gum hued ring makes me want to throw on a Debbi Gibson record and dance my heart out. I can't help but smile every time I see it. The warm pink tone and the fluttery petals seem like they can melt away any gloominess that's bringing down your day. It sells for $10.25.

0 comments:

Post a Comment