Featured Wedding of the Week: Mine!

Saturday, February 12, 2011

So if you didn't know, we have started a post that goes up every Saturday (Wedding Day!!) featuring a wedding we have either found on the web that took our breath away or one that was submitted to us (if you want to submit yours, you can do so by clicking HERE, we would loooove to see it). Enough of the shameless plug for this post..... Here's the wedding you came for: It's Mine!

It's not that my wedding took my breath away or anything (I would actually change a lot about it, if I had the chance) but I just wanted to share a wedding and figured maybe you all would like to see mine and my husbands (henceforth known as Movie Star). I think I'll share Bonnie's next week if she'll let me.... wink.. wink.  Anyway, we were married at Castle Green in Pasadena, CA.  It was a hotel built in 1890 which now houses apartments.  It's vintage to a "T" and the perfect place for Movie Star and I to get hitched.  All photographs by Kevin McIntyre.
Movie Star's favorite time of the year is the fall. He loves the leaves and all the colors. When he shared this with me I said, " The fall? What's that? I don't know what seasons are." Since I grew up in SoCal, seasons don't exist. But as he and I have traveled and we have watched seasons change together, Fall has become my favorite as well.

This is my bouquet and boots.  These boots were disturbingly vintage.  Okay maybe 'disturbingly' isn't the best word, but when I saw them with all their lace and loveliness, chills went up my spine and I just knew I had to have them.  No one really knew what they looked like, but I did and they were marvelous.



Instead if the traditional floral centerpiece I went with candles.  I'm a sucker for them.  Unfortunately, Castle Green changed their fire codes after I had decided this and it was a nightmare to make it work.  I'll explain in another post...



Instead of the traditional guest book, we decided to have a typewriter from the 1940's. I bought it on ebay and it was the perfect choice. Movestar and I laughed at how everyone seemed to struggle typing. You know, with computers no one knows how to use a typewriter these days and it was so much fun to see people stare at it and struggle.


I know you may not be able to tell, but there was not enough room for me, my Dad and my Step-Dad to walk down the aisle together. Though I wish that it had been perfect, it was also a memory I won't forget. Oh those silly people who set up the chairs!

4 comments:

Bonnie said...

What a marvelous wedding it was, Lindsey! What you forgot to mention was the food. I loved the 'Thanksgiving Menu' theme and I still dream about that stuffing.

Lindsey said...

Yeah, I wish I could have eaten some of it! My day coordinator had us all over the place, I barely got a bite. But thanks!!

Veronica Lee said...

Hi! Stopping by from MBC. Great blog.
Have a nice day!

Lindsey said...

Thanks for stopping by Veronica! Great to see you. Have a Happy Valentine's Day

Post a Comment