The Thoughts You Think While Thinking

Monday, February 21, 2011

While I'm in the middle of desperately waiting for my current decoupage project to make sense to me (and for the paint to dry), I found my mind wandering to things of the future. Isn't it always in these moments when we begin to become philosophical? It's the down time, the time when you're not filling you brain or hands with unnecessary tasks that you begin to ponder life's deepest questions. Mine tend to run along these lines: where is my life headed? What does the good Lord have in store for me? Will my children follow in their mommy's footsteps? (oh I hope not) Though they may not seem deep to some of you, they are the ever present thoughts in my mind - and I don't even have those kids yet!

The future is a scary, yet exciting place for me. I am waiting on the masterful plan of God to unfold before Movie Star and I (which is always thrilling), but it's been a long and frustrating journey. I don't know about you all, but when you're waiting on something that seems hopeless don't you find it hard to jump right out of bed in the morning like a kid on Christmas? Usually my eyes open to a glottal groan as my body rolls off the bed and clumsily stumbles to the coffee pot, hoping for a quick perk. Even after my daily devotional time with my Savior, I still find it hard to slap that bright smile across my wide face. I love my Lord and will wait on him until the end of time (literally), but sometimes the daily drudge is too much to handle.

Now that you know exactly what my morning consists of (and what's in my brain), I'll get to my point. I try to fill my day with things that make my life prettier -hence the site you're visiting- and keep me focused on my tasks at-hand. But it's in the moments that you have to sit still in silence, waiting for the paint on your decoupage'd vase to dry, that you are forced to skip around your little brain garden and prune the flowers that are your thoughts. I know my life will turn out just as it should, as long as I live for my God, treat people with love and respect and always do what's right. But it's hard to imagine a life filled with happiness when you're sitting in an itsy one-bedroom apartment staring at a table filled with bills and a small painted vase.


That reminds me! The vase is dry and I've got pretty little roses waiting for me to play with them. Until next time.....

0 comments:

Post a Comment