Handmade Wednesday's: Cookie Tin Doilies

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Just because it is January and the Christmas season is over doesn't mean you have stopped baking right? Right? Well, maybe you have. But I know that there have been many years where I have baked and baked only to find the season over, my waistline larger and my stomach hungrier to more. Plus, I just love to bake cookies! So, if you are feeling as I have and want to share your newly baked goods with friends, family and neighbors you may be looking for something pretty to put them in that isn't too Christmasy. Completely got you covered! Though I am a crafty lady and would love to take credit for this idea, I sadly can not. It's the ever clever Martha. Here we've explained how she makes doily labels to dress up your cookie tins!

Doily Tin How-To:

  1. Download desired doily-tin clip art, below. Or scan your own doilies!
  2. Using a photo-editing program, adjust image size as needed to fit the lid of your tin.
  3. Using an ink-jet printer, print image onto a clear, full-sheet label; cut out, leaving an 1/8-inch border. Center printout on lid.
  4. Holding top half in place, remove paper backing from bottom half. Smooth from center to affix to lid.
  5. Remove backing from top half; smooth to affix label completely.

Doily Tin Downloads from MarthaStewart.com:

Red


Blue


Green

0 comments:

Post a Comment